Xeon continues to play a critical role in the supply of essential services and products across South Africa, including food, medical supplies, consumer goods and personal protection equipment.
Xeon has employed various measures to ensure the safety of our team over the various levels and waves of COVID-19 since March 2020. Our risk based approach has ensured that we have been able to continue serving our principals whilst protecting our workforce to ensure business continuity.
Even during the height of the restrictions Xeon continued to operate and supply the essential supplies to the wider community of hospitals and retail stores. Various best-practice measures have been deployed by the Xeon family including:
- Sanitising stations freely available
- Addition of masks and gloves to our PPE uniform
- Extensive awareness training and education of the risks and protection measures available
- Adoption of home working practices for office / admin and non-site critical staff
- Multi-shift teams formed to minimise risk of complete shutdown
- Weekly site fumigation / disinfection
Xeon is proud of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the critical role we have played to get critical supplies to the front line workers. Distribution of test kits and PPE to hospitals and clinics has assisted in reducing the spread and thereby has had a direct effect on the nation’s fight against this pandemic.